When it comes to staffing insurance, there are three key areas to consider. Those areas are availability, knowledge and integrity. Each is important to choosing an insurance provider who can understand the risks and challenges of the staffing industry.
Knowing the company you choose is there for you when you need them the most brings peace of mind. With that as part of the equation, here are some signs that the company you chose is available when you need them:
- Account monitoring by executive and management teams
- Claim handling by specialized legal group within 24 to 48 hours
- Reporting claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Underwriting team provides minimum 24-hour response
Because you are in a specialized field, you should make sure that the staffing insurance provider you select has knowledgeable staff. When researching different options, look for the following indicators of a well-versed partner in your industry:
- Legal team specialized and exclusively focused on staffing
- Educated staff that knows industry exposures
- Company participates in industry committees
Without integrity, availability and knowledge wouldn’t matter. Signs of integrity may include being in business for many years and having a high client retention rate. The insurance company you select should be able to tailor their products to meet your unique business needs, without cutting corners.